When I started this blog I just wanted to kind of journal about what's happening because typing it on a blog just seems a little more novel than writing in a journal. I love the little live feed on the side of the blog because it shows me who has stopped by my blog. I don't know if anyone is actually reading it but I at least see some folks have stopped by. That is really cool!
The blogs that I have listed that I follow are all friends of mine except for Bring the Rain. That one is one I found from my friend's site One Breath at a Time. If you want some inspirational reading of some folks that have experienced some deep deep pain Bring the Rain and One Breath at a Time are some good reads. Bring the Rain is a Mother of 4 girls whose 4th daughter was diagnosed while in the womb of a condition that would not allow her to live. This gal Angie has incredible faith and courage. One Breath at a Time is a friend from college whose husband died suddenly a year ago in December and they have 6 kids. Janine's insight into grieving and rearing children is good stuff.
I think I said this in my first post but unfortunately in the midst of deep pain and grief have come some pretty amazing blogs. These women inspire me and challenge me to go deeper in my faith. I have often heard it's not if storms come it is when storms come you must be anchored deeply. I want to be anchored deep when the storms come.
I also stumbled onto another site called Mother Letter Project. That is pretty amazing. This Husband decided that he wanted his family to have a different kind of Christmas in 2008 after he had visited a village in Africa shortly after Christmas 2007. Anyway they had to make Christmas for each other and use the money they would have spent on gifts to give to the village. So the husband decided to make a book with a collection of letters that would start Dear Mother.....and have women all over contribute to the project. He asked some woman who had a blog that he didn't know to help him get the word out. Apparently the response was overwhelming and women all over the world contributed. Is that not the coolest idea. I tell you I did get inspired to change our Christmas experience after I watched the Advent Conspiracy on YouTube. I'll see if I can put it in here and you can see what I'm talking about.
I can't figure it out. Here is the site, you'll have to go there and check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU
I also want to let you know if you're reading this and a praying person a friend of mines Mother In Law could really use your prayers. Her name is Marsha and she suffered a stroke and had emergency surgery today. She is a remarkable woman and a very very sweet and Godly woman.
Sun Opposite Neptune
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment