Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Late or It's Early

Today was a really cold day and school was cancelled. School has also been cancelled for Wednesday. I still love a snow day. It's so much fun to sleep in and be able to lounge around the house. I'm not sure it's all that great for my goal to be skinny before I turn 50. Monday I made cookies and Tuesday morning I made coffee cake. It's just fun to bake when the weather is bad, I don't know why, just seems to be an unwritten code. Rainy days always makes me think of coming home to my Mother baking chocolate chip cookies. That is a sweet memory.

The boys all layered up and went outside for a little while today. Breck and Jared were able to stand it longer than Griff but hey the boy has absolutely no body fat so there is nothing to keep him warm. His hands and feet were just freezing when he came in. Breck and Jared tried to get some sledding going but it wasn't a huge success. Jared and Griff had asked me if I was going outside and I said no it is way too cold. I stayed in and put on some hot chocolate so when they came in it would help warm them up.

We went over to some friends house tonight and stayed way too long which seems to be our m.o. I promise we do know when to go home it's just sometimes we don't. I know in my family it is kind of a joke because we'll say probably 5 or 6 times we have to go before we finally go. I pray if we visit you in your home we don't stay past that magical time of "killing an activity before it dies". I learned that in college and have found it to be true in lots of different instances. You know that critical time between begging for more and it's going to be a long time before we do that again time. I know for my boys when they go and play at someones house I want to pick them up "begging for more" by both sides. If the parents are ushering the kids out when they see you drive up you know you passed the window and they have hit the "it's going to be along time before we do that again" time. If it takes them awhile to answer the door you are in the "begging for more" time. I'm telling you this is good stuff and you can't get this type of information just anywhere.
Like I said it's either really early or really late depending on your perception but since I've been up since 8 a.m. I'm calling it really late. So stay warm and safe if you have to be out! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment