Saturday, January 3, 2009

Coach?

Today was my debut as Griff's basketball coach. I was pleasantly surprised at how well my team played. I did however touch the ball once not letting it go out and got reprimanded by the other coach, a friend of ours. It was a lot of fun and I think the boys had a good time. We are working on dribbling and not running with the ball. I'll take a picture of my team and post it so you can see my little darlings! For the most part they are sweet boys they just don't listen all that well. I also want them to pass and play as a team. This might be a little optimistic since they are Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders but I'm still trying. I always have them spell team and say there is no "I" so we have to work together.

Jared's team was a little tougher to watch because in Upwards they have color wristbands to pair up the kids and you are supposed to stay with the same color band. The other team had a monster kid that was all over the place and even stole it from his own teammate to score. I was having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I just never like seeing one kid dominate and not let everyone have a chance to shoot. It was the first week and I know it will get better or at least I'm counting on it to be better. Jared does have a kid on his team that is a bit of a ball hog too seems like every team has one. I have a little guy that just wants to shoot even at practice that is all he wants to do. I am desperately trying to get him to understand there is more to basketball than shooting! Challenging to say the least!

I have now mastered being able to load pictures on my laptop so I can put them in the blog. I am really feeling techie! Tomorrow is Sunday and we will go to some friends house for lunch afterwards! Guess I better go and play some Wii before bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment