Well it is officially the New Year. We brought the 2009 in with our friends the Sadlers. Brent and Breck have known each other for 32 years. We got married within 2 weeks of each other and had our first son within a month of each other. They have 2 boys and we have 2 boys! Ingrid and I got introduced to each other the first day I met Breck back in 1995. They are wonderful friends and I feel blessed that they chose to spend the last night of '08 with us and the first few hours of "09. They brought Brother's calzone and pizza over and we had a great time! Playing a little Wii,
looking at trash magazines (people, no offense) and eating. We even had a little dancing display and some music with guitars, pianos and a drum machine! Really who could ask for anything more. We all enjoyed some bubbly and toasted to the New Year!
Wow 2008 has been a real growing time for me, I finished my 12 step in February after spending a year doing the steps. God is so patient with me and just opened my eyes to reveal the changes he wanted to make. I can't say I'm completely recovered but I feel like I'm further along on my quest to give everything to God and trust Him more with all of it. I have prayed more for friends and family that experienced deep deep grief this past year then I ever have. I have realized I don't have all the answers nor do I know the best thing to do all the time. I am grateful that Breck has been patient with me and has loved me unconditionally. I know I've said it before but God really did give me exceedingly abundantly more than I asked for in my husband! I do feel really blessed!
I don't know what 2009 will bring but I'm hoping to finish the year loving God more, investing in others more, showing appreciation to those around me more and weighing less by the end of it! I have started out '09 weighing less so that's a good thing. Happy New Year !
Wow 2008 has been a real growing time for me, I finished my 12 step in February after spending a year doing the steps. God is so patient with me and just opened my eyes to reveal the changes he wanted to make. I can't say I'm completely recovered but I feel like I'm further along on my quest to give everything to God and trust Him more with all of it. I have prayed more for friends and family that experienced deep deep grief this past year then I ever have. I have realized I don't have all the answers nor do I know the best thing to do all the time. I am grateful that Breck has been patient with me and has loved me unconditionally. I know I've said it before but God really did give me exceedingly abundantly more than I asked for in my husband! I do feel really blessed!
I don't know what 2009 will bring but I'm hoping to finish the year loving God more, investing in others more, showing appreciation to those around me more and weighing less by the end of it! I have started out '09 weighing less so that's a good thing. Happy New Year !

You are looking so SKINNY in the picture linked to todays blog. Keep it up, and I really want to get on the exercise wagon! You are inspiring me to make it happen in 2009....
ReplyDeleteLisa