Saturday, January 31, 2009

Facebook Random 25 Things

O.K. if you are on Facebook you know everyone is asking you to list 25 random things about yourself and then tag 25 people and let the person that tagged you know you've done your list so they can go back and read it. Well I didn't tag my husband because I thought he would not play. Turns out he was a little intrigued by the idea as he started reading other folks 25 randoms and did play along. So you know how this goes right? As more and more folks list their random things you start looking at your post and realize I could have done better and want to post a different 25 but would probably have to repeat some because lets face it if you didn't then you would have to have 50 random things and frankly I'm just not that interesting. So here I am with a dilemma but as I enter the blog world I realize maybe I could post a new 25 randoms here and maybe it would be duplicating but then maybe not everyone is on facebook and it would be o.k. Plus as I have looked at some blogs there are a lot of folks posting their 25 randoms as a post on their blog.

So here goes a maybe semi completely different list of 25 random things:

1. An airplane at LAX after pulling away from the gate stopped and let down the back stairs of the plane to let me get off. I had boarded the wrong plane so I had to walk the full length of the plane and go down the stairs to deplane. The other plane waited for me to board.
2. I am claustrophobic, got locked in a basement and beat the door with a plastic bat until my Mom came and let me out.
3. I have fainted twice in Dr.s offices once after getting my finger pricked and the second time after having a wart on a finger frozen off.
4. I attended the movie premier of Perfect that starred Jamie Lee Curtis and John Travolta.
5. I talked with Gloria Estevan in St. Louis, MO about whether or not the Arch was open for sightseeing.
6. I got stopped by the police for speeding on my way to take my ACT Test and had a trunk load of beer cans. We had just gone by a bar to collect them for our can drive. I had to sit in the police car.
7. I asked Andre the Giant for his autograph in the Nashville airport he declined I think, but really I couldn't understand him and he was sweating profusely, it was a little gross.
8. I have seen a sea turtle lay eggs on the beach in Florida
9. I saw one of the space shuttle's coming back from it's mission land at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
10. I have seen whales off the coast of California.
11. I have flown first class a few times but have never paid for first class tickets.
12. I got one of my front teeth chipped by a tether ball in sixth grade.
13. I can spit water between my two front teeth a long distance.
14. I have been in 35 states and Washington D.C. including Hawaii.
15. I have been on over 31 college campuses.
16. I have broken two bones, my nose and my pinkie toe. (this is kind of a repeat but on my original I only remembered breaking my nose so the toe is new)
17. My Mom is the youngest of 14 and my Dad is the youngest of 9.
18. I have my Certificate Degree of Indian Blood for the Choctaw tribe. My Grandmother was a full blood Choctaw.
19. I got heartburn for the first time ever when I was pregnant and yes Jared was born with a full head of hair. I heard if you have heartburn your baby is hairy.
20. My parents will celebrate their 52nd Wedding Anniversary in May.
21. I have driven a subway train in Canada.
22. The stars shine brighter and there are a whole lot more of them to see when you stand out on a farm in Cushing.
23. Since I have had children I have no desire to see any kind of movie that is suspenseful or scary. I like the animated children's movies or romantic comedies but nothing that makes your heart race in fear. No thank you!
24. I made the most important decision of my life when I was 7 and I gave my life and heart to Christ!
25. My life has exceeded my expectations I believe God did give me exceedingly abundantly more than I asked for or deserved! Breck, Jared and Griff!!!!!

Wow I did not repeat anything from my original 25. Breck did tell me my first randoms seemed a little too Sunday schoolish. There are some from my original that I think I would place on this list but since I have two now I'm just going to call it good.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love these too! I think I am going to do the same thing...but another friend of mine did 100! You can read them on her blog...House of Drama (she is listed on my blog). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! At least Breck didn't sat that you were the most high maintainence person in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete