Friday, January 2, 2009

Verge/CR

Tonight was the first Verge and CR of '09! Breck plays guitar in CR and I lead a small group for Verge. The boys go to Confident Kids. Everyone reported there were quite a few in there groups tonight. What a great way to start the New Year recognizing God is the only one who can heal our hurts, habits and hang-ups! I'm grateful to be to be serving on Friday nights.

Our Christmas vacation is over, we have a 9 a.m. basketball game in the morning for Griff. I am the Coach and got snacks for both boys teams. Jared's coach is a young guy and I'm not sure he understands the importance of snacks at this age! No worries I have it covered for both teams. I'm not sure a couple of my kids can afford to bring snacks so I don't want to put anyone on the spot so I may be bringing them each week. Not a big deal since I only have 4 boys on my team! Two of my little guys live in apartments not far from the Church and were paid for by the school they attend.

I have the best husband, he is leading the devotional during the 9 o'clock games and I know he will do a great job! He is a little stressed but is so faithful when asked to do something like this. No more sleeping in for awhile. All of Griff's games are at 9 a.m. on Saturdays so for at least the next 8 weeks we will be up early on Saturdays. Bummer since we certainly love a Saturday with nothing to do but not for awhile.

I guess I need to take the tree down tomorrow and the other decorations. The house always seems so bare after having the decorations up. I want to paint my living room next. The dining room got painted and looks great so next is the living room. It might take awhile but eventually we'll get the house just like we want. We are obviously not in any hurry since we've lived here 4 years and just this past one did I start to paint. We have that lovely 70's wall paper borders up top. Four rooms have now received paint and two have also received new light fixtures.

I'm going to learn how to get the pictures off my camera so I can have more pictures in my posts. I love pictures so I definitely want to include those. I'll let you know how our first bball games go tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment