Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

What is up with the weather? I know I've heard it more than once if you don't like the weather stick around for 15 minutes and it will change. Last time I looked it was 27 degrees outside! Talk about cold! WhoooWheee that's chilleee!

Today we had to be at the church for basketball pictures with my little team! The suns were having their pictures taken at 8:10 a.m. Now we normally play at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays and that is really early so an hour earlier was really rough. At first we only had two players there and then finally one more player got there. I had noticed a missed call and had tried to return the call but I did not get an answer. I was afraid one of my players needed a ride and was disappointed I had missed the call. Well I was right and one of my little guys with his Mom and brother walked to the Church from their home. It is probably about a mile and a half. I couldn't believe it they had to have been sooooo cold. I did make sure I took them home.

So many things I take for granted. I just think every time I go outside to start my car it will start and I drive away to do whatever it is I need to do. I am grateful for my van and that it has been very reliable.

O.K. back to my team picture! My fourth player didn't make the pictures but I asked the guy if we could come back after our game if he showed and he said that would be o.k. Well he did show so we were able to get a complete team picture. Let me just say that 2 of the 4 were in what I would call the regulation uniform and the other 2 added their own style! :) It will be very precious to me and remind me of their personalities. They are all very sweet boys and I love being their coach! I have the most diverse team or multi-cultural team I think in our age group and it is cool. I hope and pray in addition to learning to be a team and having fun that they do understand that God loves them. At the end of each game they get a star that recognizes them for their play that day. One of the stars is for Christ likeness and today one of the little boys asked me what does that mean? So I just asked him questions about Christ, I think we will need to talk about that a lot more.

My boys as in Jared and Griff were all hyped up after their games and came home and shot baskets outside for way too long! We then watched a special on Larry Bird! I'm sure Jared is dreaming right now that he is going to be the next Larry Bird! It is wonderful that our children are growing up in a home that is safe and they feel loved and protected. They can dream dreams and believe that they can come true! God has put me in front of a lot of different kids lately that, that is not the case for them. Their environments aren't a place they feel loved or safe in. I pray that God will be their protector, encourager and loving Father that will give them a hope and a future. I believe that God's word is true Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

I have started a bible study by Priscilla Shire Discerning the Voice of God. The one thing she said that I don't think I do but am going to is "anticipate and expect God to speak to you" Mercy Me's Word of God Speak keeps running through my mind. Thanks for reading! Say an extra prayer for those children who need to know God loves them tonight!



2 comments:

  1. I will say a prayer for the children who need to be loved. It is so easy to take things for granted and not realize the people who are not feeling safe and loved. You bring so many important things to my attention, while reading your blog. You should be a teacher! I love you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you watching the Dicerning God's Voice videos? Kathy Curry lead the study this past fall and has the videos if you want to watch along with the study I'm sure she would let you use them. Its a great study. I was doing in right up until we had Rylee. But loved what I did and go so much out of it!

    ReplyDelete