Sunday, January 18, 2009

Past and Present

2003 very soon after we got home from Russia with Griffin. Jared's Pre-K Teacher had given him this book to read to his little brother. What a thoughtful teacher and friend she is. As you can tell I like to read with emotion. I thought it would be fun to see how much they've grown in the last 5 years. In some ways it seems like just yesterday when they were 2 and 4 and then it seems like forever ago. I loved being able to have both of them in my lap. What two little honeys they were and are except now not so little!
Fast forward to January 2009 we barely all fit in the recliner together but we did it! Oh how I love my boys and how precious they are to me now 7 and 9. Today after church we had a little 4 year old boy come home with us so his Mom could go run a few errands and he could play. They were so sweet to him and played so well with him. Breck loaded them all up and they went over to the FFA barns and petted every pig, every goat and every sheep they had! What fun! I wish I had a picture of that to post. Maybe sometime soon!


Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day so school is out and Breck is off work! Yea we love those days! We had some discussions on racism and what that means and how our country has changed. Griff always likes to talk about things that he thinks he might know just a little more about then the rest of us but often gets his facts a little jumbled. I am grateful that Breck knows his history so well. I ask him all the time how he knows what he knows and he usually responds with 5th grade history or something like that! Smartie pants doesn't he know I have no clue what I was taught or wasn't taught. I mean really who but my husband remembers 5th grade? Obviously not many since they have a show "Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader" and if you are you win a lot of money.


I'm sorry if you are reading my blog and thinking it's going to be entertaining and profound. I have moments but lets face it I don't have a lot. This whole blogging world is really wild. I'm not really sure how you find out about different blogs and how some become really popular and others are probably rarely looked at. I have a friend who has a blog and on her site lists some blogs and one of those blogs said urgent prayer request and so of course I have to go there and then I'm on a blog of a woman in Arkansas that just gave birth and her baby is critical and is airlifted to a hospital in my town. I go to church with the nurse that admitted her baby into the hospital and she already knew about this baby from another friend who blogs. Isn't' that crazy? But then again isn't' that so wonderful how God's people have shown up to pray for this baby and this baby's grandfather is a pastor and his blog (yes I've been there too) said he knew that their baby had thousands praying for them and wanted those prayers to cover those other babies there as well. Now of course I have to go back to their blogs so I can get an update. People here in town have been showing up to bring them stuff because they follow her blog! Isn't that something?


Blogs are an amazing way to communicate to a lot of people all over the world. What an encouragement to see the number of comments on this gals blog of people praying! I pray if I'm ever in need of prayer many will find my blog! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: