Lego Club House is Open
Must Sign In on Attached Sheet!
Must Sign In on Attached Sheet!
Let me begin with Saturday......Breck and Jared but mainly Breck spent most of the day organizing lego pieces. Breck bought a couple of 4 drawer containers so the lego pieces could be organized thus making it easier to build things.
We have a closet under our stairs that now has become the Lego Club House! Yes there is a sign on the outside of the door where you can sign up to become a member. I think there are #25 lines for 25 members. There is not room enough for all of the Lego Club members to come into the Club House at one time but it appears that Jared has high hopes of many that will want to be a part of the Club House. Maybe it's a boy thing but the sign is in pencil....where are the bright colors? I have some visions of bright cheery colors to make it really inviting but Jared is a pencil guy! Go figure?
I will try to paint you a picture of how this all goes.....The room (closet) is all cleaned out and the lego containers are put in place on one end and there is a little table so they have a stable place to build their lego creations. Well immediately Breck sees a design flaw because if all the lego boxes are at the back of the room (closet) not everyone will have access...they must be moved to the middle of the room (closet). Crisis averted and placement now seems to be perfect. I of course want it to be a little more comfortable so I tell Jared what about some pillows so they'll have a comfy place to sit? He and Breck both like the idea so he goes to get a couple of pillows.
Just when you think the Club House is complete, my sweet imaginative Jared says "Mom it just looks a little plain on the walls, don't you think?" I agree and ask him what he might want to do? Well, Jared thinks it might be nice to have some of their drawings hung up on the walls to make it feel a little more ............(he searches for a word) I say cozy? "Yes, exactly" he said. I suddenly have what I think is just an incredible idea and one that I think he'll just go crazy over......I say "What if you just draw on the walls?"
O.K. have you ever seen The Last Lecture? There is a University that has a series titled Last Lectures and Randy Pausch a professor who was terminally ill participated and it was very inspiring. In his lecture he said something about letting your kids draw on their walls and how grateful to his parents he was that they let him draw on his walls. This man was really creative and had some pretty amazing accomplishments! Thus that is where the Draw on the Walls came from.
I just figured....it's a closet....it would be easy to paint over.......why not? The outline of the Lego Club House logo has been drawn on the wall........in pencil! I will see if I can talk him into adding some color, will see!
O.K. so now you see the Lego Club House not completely decorated but ready for occupants so Breck, Jared and Griff are all able to fit and begin working on their creations! What fun they have had on a Sunday afternoon creating and building together!
Now that is not the end of the story because after my little boys were tucked in bed and sleeping soundly my big boy leaves the living room and does not return. I am doing important things...facebook......blog reading....email......and laundry. I thought Breck (Big boy) was in the office on the computer! I go to our bedroom to put some laundry away and as I enter I see the Lego Club House light on....door open and some size 13s hanging out the door! I almost peed my pants! There sitting on the floor in the closet (I mean Lego Club House) was my Big Boy working on some Lego creation! I laughed so hard and so did Breck......I think he almost snorted some coffee. Now of course he tried to pass it off that he was sorting but I knew better and when he started filling the bathroom sink with water I knew it was to see if his creation would float!
I love all my boys, the Big one, the big one and the little one! They are so very precious to me and I look forward to spending some time in the Lego Club House but I'll have to be near the entrance.....I'm claustrophobic!
Thanks for stopping by!

How very sweet! Kudos to you for letting them draw on the walls. That is something that would be difficult for me and I know I need to let OCD go and be more giving at times.
ReplyDelete