Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Year Wiser?

O.K. it is my turn celebrating another year....my birthday was Saturday. You know when you're the one blogging it's a little ummm, how should I say, hmmm difficult to celebrate yourself. You know for Griff and Breck's birthday I devoted a post to them and celebrated them. I wasn't going to ask Breck to post one for me but I did ask Jared to do a post on his site.

He got Griffin to join him and what they came up with can be seen at A Boy's Writings. I just started Jared a blog because I thought it might encourage his writing and creativity. I thought it would be a fun way to improve his skills and capture his creativity. There is a link in my blog lists. Please leave him a comment because I know that will encourage him to write more. You know a Momma's gotta do what a Momma's gotta do to get her boys learning.
I guess I would have to say I feel extremely blessed because not only does God love me more than I can even imagine, He gave me Breck, Jared and Griff who love me too. I was overwhelmed on Sunday sitting in our church service and just being blown away at how amazing my life is and that I get to love on these guys everyday. I have a husband that never fails to let me know that he thinks I'm beautiful......I have a husband that also is my best friend.....I have a husband that I laugh so hard with I cry......I have a husband that goes to work everyday and never complains and loves that I'm a stay at home mom.......I have a husband that loves his children and invests so much into their lives with truth and fun.....I have two sons that will still sit in my lap and let me love on them.....I have two healthy sons that I watch run, play and laugh everyday........Everyday folks I get to love these guys and they love me too!
I don't want to take anything for granted and be grateful for everything and I mean everything. Their laundry, the dishes they forget to put in the dishwasher, the dirty clothes that didn't make it into their baskets, forgotten homework, missing the bus...........Because at the end of it all I have them to hold onto and to feel their arms around my neck and hear their whispers of "I Love You". Sometimes when I have my hand or head on their chests I just listen to their hearts beat or feel it beating and thank God. I reflect on Psalms 139 where it talks about God knitting our bodies together in the womb and being fearfully and wonderfully made. I know that God formed them and wired them uniquely for His purpose. Ladies I have a front row seat to what He is doing in the lives of Breck, Jared and Griff.
I get to be there when a tear needs wiped, when a dream is reached or a dream is shattered. I get to share in their excitement, victories and defeats.............And you know what? It is all worth it, I wouldn't trade any of it, nope not any of it. I am grateful and blessed!

So I guess I'm celebrating being me because it is awesome to be me and living this life, not because of anything I've done truly it is God's Amazing Grace that has put me right here at this time in this family with this husband and these boys. It is not anything I did to deserve any of it but all because of Him. I'm grateful but I wasn't always and I do not want to go back. I know I'm fortunate and I know I need to do more with what I've been given. God is continually asking me to trust Him and that is what I want to do as I step out every day.
Please please please hear me, I know there are many many many wonderful Christ followers that have unspeakable pain going on in their lives right now on this earth and I do not believe for one second that makes our lives different. You see God said in John 16:33 New Living Translation I)I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” Jesus told us we would have, not might have, trouble on this earth and as Louie Giglio said not little bitty kind of trouble but big time trouble where you begin to question if there really is a God that loves you. That verse goes on to say but "Take Heart for I have overcome the world" I read a commentary that the word used for heart is a form of courage meaning courage in the face of danger. This world is full of disappointments, great sorrow and big time trouble....Jesus does promise us that we can have peace in Him, not in this world. Oh Ladies we have an Overcoming Savior, we have a God that created a way for us to be reconciled to Him through the death of His Son on the cross. I pray I will always go back to what Scott said a few short hours after his only daughter who was 16 died in an automobile accident "If I praise God in the good times then I will praise Him in the bad times".

Didn't mean to preach, I just want to find my peace in Him, the one that knitted me together in my mother's womb. I want to be grateful and bring glory to the Giver of all good things. I will continue praying for all those I know who are finding themselves in the midst of trouble or deep sorrow in this world and ask our Overcoming Savior to overwhelm each one of them with His abounding love.....matchless grace.......peace that surpasses all understanding.......hope that does not disappoint........mercies that are new everyday.........and renew their strength.
Isaiah 40:31 it's a good one. for some encouragement. Now for a couple of pics so you can see my blessings.....Jared and Griffin and my BFF Breck!



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love you and I love your pictures. You are glowing in them.

    ReplyDelete