I don't know if it's just me or what, but it seems like I have so many folks I'm praying for. At times I have trouble keeping up with them all. To be honest I don't really have all the answers when it comes to prayer. I know there is a verse that tells me to cast all my cares upon Him because He cares for me. How many times am I supposed to pray about something or for someone? Do I do it daily? Do I do it once and call it good? I really don't know the answer and so I try to pray daily for the many needs I'm aware of.
There are people who need physical healing for broken bones, unexplained pains, high blood pressure, infection with cystic fibrosis, appendectomy.......and the list goes on. Then there are women who are pregnant and need prayer for themselves and their babies. Oh and then there are those that are grieving, the loss of a husband, baby, daughter, grandson, son, mom, grandma, wife, dad and the list could go on. Today Breck and I attended a memorial service for a little baby boy. His twin sister survived but he did not and so there was a celebration of his homecoming. Man it just seems like too much to take in at times.
Then there are those that are struggling in their relationships and are in need of spiritual healing. Every need just reminds me of how much I need my Savior. I am powerless to fix any of these situations. I can pray and I can make food and I can sit and I can cry and I can just be there. Often times it just doesn't seem enough. Today Breck and I were talking about how sometimes there "just are no words". I think I have been uncomfortable with silence but I am learning that it really is o.k. and not every minute or every day needs to be taken up with sound. It is in those quiet moments that God often speaks to me. I know He is calling me to trust Him more.
I have gained so much from my friend's blog that writes about her grief. Did you know that when someone is in the midst of their darkest days it's o.k. to say "I don't know what to say" it's o.k. to just sit with someone and not say a word. Sounds crazy doesn't it? So this past year I have taken her advice and sat quietly with a friend or family member in the midst of their grief. In the silence I would talk to God mainly begging for wisdom in the event I did speak but most of all that He would overwhelm them with His love and hope. I would pray that His presence would be so strong that they would actually be able to feel Him.
I do pray that God will allow me to be His hands and His feet to those around me that are in need of the Savior's touch. I pray that with my boys each night that God would use our family for His glory! Just the other night Jared said it sure seems like a lot of people need our prayers. It does seem like there are a lot of hurts in this life, but how very grateful I am that I have an Overcoming Savior! That is not an easy place to live in the midst of deep pain and sorrow but oh how I pray that when not if but when I am in the midst of despair and hopelessness I will hold onto the Truth! I know I have said this in the past but our church has many people who have modeled the Hope we have in Christ in their darkest hours. I am grateful to God that I have had the privilege to see their example.
Sun Opposite Neptune
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment