Today is the first day of our Spring Break and Friday night was the last night of our first session of Verge. I am taking a break from Verge, not because I don't love it but because my family will need me to be available on Friday nights. Jared is playing baseball and there will be games on Fridays. My gals are all going to do the next session and I told them I would be around just not there every week. It is a great program and I think it has helped some teenagers begin to understand that they are deeply loved by God and He has a plan for each one of their lives.
Good stuff happens at our church on Friday nights! I am praying the connections I have made with some of the gals will continue and strengthen. I wish I could tell you the courage I have seen in 13 and 14 year old girls that would just blow your socks off. They are brave and have so much to offer the world and I know their impact on the kingdom can be incredible if they will allow God to use them. In CR they always say God Never Wastes A Hurt. I think the scripture in II Corinthians 1:3-7 affirms that quote.
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. 6 Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. 7 We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.
I am grateful for the ministries of CR and Verge where people are encouraged to share their hurts, habits and hang-ups in order to bring healing to themselves and others. It is powerful stuff when someone shares their story of redemption and reconciliation! God is Good all the time and all the time God is Good! Simple little phrase but when you just meditate on that it is both an encouragement and a challenge for me to trust Him more. I know the importance and value of me living an authentic life in order to impact the world around me.
I loved my bible study time today with my girls and was greatly encouraged when Priscilla Shire said it is "God's responsibility to cause us to hear His voice.....it is our responsibility to seek after God. That really has taken a burden off of me. I am really needing to hear God's voice and want Him to direct my path. I have joked on more than one occasion I wish God did a newsletter so you knew what was coming up so you could prepare. But I've also been reminded that God doesn't want us to handle anything on our own but trust Him with all of it and not rely on our own understanding. That my friends is Proverbs 3:5-6 God's word is good stuff!
My boys are all sleeping and I really need to go to bed too! I pray everyone has a wonderful Spring Break! Thanks for stopping by!
Sun Opposite Neptune
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment