Monday, March 16, 2009

Randoms...

The Cains and my boys, looks like one extra cousin behind the green balloon!

Tonight I learned that my favorite radio station Spirit 102.3 that played Christian Contemporary Music is off the air due to the economy! :( I loved that station and tuned in whenever I was in the car but no more. That really stinks!

I'm sitting here listening to Breck play his guitar which is his nightly ritual. I surf t.v. and Internet while he practices. The boys have gone to their cousins and I'm sure are in heaven. There are 4 boys and with my 2 we're talking 6 boys for my cousin and her hubby! Are they brave or dumb? Generous yes and so gracious to want my boys to come down. My boys LOVE the CAIN BOYS! They don't care while others are Spring Breaking in exotic locales that they are in a little town of 12,600. That little town has the greatest attraction for my boys "THE CAIN BOYS"! How great must it be to feel such love! I can see the reunion, yelling, jumping up and down and of course running around! :) I know they are having a ball and will no doubt not want to come home.

We spent Sunday with some wonderful friends that have a little boy that just turned 2. My boys just think of them as family and love their little guy. They love playing with him and are always wanting to see him smile. Griff always wants to pick him up so I'm constantly having to bark the "put him down" command. We always love our time with them, they are special to us and we are grateful for their friendship. It is hard sometimes to find families that fit....you know what I mean? Sometimes it's the wives that really enjoy each other and the husbands just are along for the ride. Other times it's the husbands that really enjoy each other and the wives are along for the ride. Then there are other times that the couples really hit it off but have trouble loving the other ones kids. Then there are those magical times that it all just fits and everyone in the families genuinely love getting together! This is one of those magical families for us.

Sunday was our turn to do the nursery during worship and we had 5 little girls and one little boy all around the age of 2. There was one little girl that was crying and we asked Jared to sit down with her and hold her. When she started screaming he was ready to give her up but we just encouraged him to relax and talk to her. So he did and even sang a little to her. Let me just tell you that little girl stayed in Jared's lap the entire time and was perfectly content. I was so proud of him how he took such good care of her. Griffin was entertaining with some dancing and making our one little boy laugh and squeal with delight. Griff also shared his goldfish crackers generously. We had graham crackers to give out but Griff's goldfish were the bigger hit. I just bragged on my boys and told them how proud I was of them in the way that they took such great care of those kids. I think it is important that kids learn to serve and are aware of the needs around them.

Allergy season is upon me and I have been downing some Allergy D (target brand) trying to hold off the drainage that is so very pleasant! So far so good! I understand that folks in Arizona don't have the problem with allergies like we do here in our great state! Breck and Jared suffer from those seasonal allergies too, but it seems like Griff escapes them.

Griff has been telling me that everyone at school keeps asking him if he is a China Man? I of course ask him what he says and he told me I just say NO I was born in Russia. He says that seems to be working because people have kind of stopped asking him that anymore. I pray Breck and I will have all the answers when he begins to ask questions. I got a note from his homeroom mom that wants a baby picture from all the kids to do something for Griff's teacher since she is expecting. I realize that she has not given any thought as to if everyone has a baby picture or not. Often times when you adopt, there are no baby pictures and especially when you adopt a toddler. The pictures start after you meet them for the first time. I'm not sure how I need to broach the subject with her, I do have one that is a color copy from our agency but it is the only one I have and I'm not willing to part with it. I read something recently that said we folks who have adopted need to find out from their teachers what kind of family assignments there might be so they could be adapted to fit our child too. It seems everyone already makes the adjustment for kids whose parents are divorced but more education needs to be done for adoptive children so they don't feel left out or embarrassed by an assignment. Interesting isn't it? I would not have thought about this but after reading that and then getting this request it showed me the need. I'm sure as Griff gets into more and more writing assignments things might come up.

Just another thing to think about. One of my friends that have adopted domestically is trying to get the laws in Oklahoma with regards to how a birthmom can relinquish her rights changed. Most states have the 48 hours wait law but Oklahoma requires that the birthmom appear in court before a judge and endure questioning. Sounds like an intimidating process. My friend says the 48 hours is a good standard but the birthmom should be able to relinquish the rights in the hospital and not have to wait 2 or more weeks for a court date and then stand in front of an intimidating judge. She says sometimes these brave women are not treated with care and are actually belittled. Man I don't get that.....a woman that chose life and an adoption plan for her child should be honored for her selfless act of love and courage. I think there may be some correspondence that needs to happen from us at some point down the line to help get this new law passed. You can go to http://www.promoteokadoption.blogspot.com/ and sign up to follow so you can be in the loop when it is time to write our congressman!

I told you it was randoms. That is what was on my mind tonight! Still learning to trust God more and more with it all! Thanks for stopping by!

t

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you serve with your boys...what a sight, i am sorry i missed it. See, I love your family so much..a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog! I am going to be back getting updates on the Rykers from now on! Loved all of your "random" thoughts....

    And I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete