Friday, March 27, 2009

Tooth Fairy.......


Don't you just love those toothless grins. What a circle of life...you enter the world with no teeth and sometimes you leave the world with no teeth. Something to think about. I remember when our oldest first got his 2 bottom teeth, Breck referred to him as "our little stapler".

Griff has always had a full mouth of teeth but has been slow to lose them. While many of his friends were losing their teeth and also his older brother it seemed to him that his teeth would never fall out. This week he finally lost his two big front teeth. I think they have been loose for awhile because they were pointing outwards and one looked to be turning dark. I encouraged him to wiggle them and to keep after it until they fell out. Bonus this week he lost them both....two days in a row which of course meant the tooth fairy would be visiting two nights in a row.

The tooth fairy has been extremely generous to Griff since it took him so long to lose a tooth and then it had been awhile since he lost his last one. I think the tooth fairy doesn't always plan ahead or carry much change. Wednesday night the tooth fairy slipped in and out without being spotted and slipped a $5 in the tooth pillow. I know big score for one tooth! When Griff came home on Thursday he had another tooth ready for the pillow. This time the tooth fairy must have arrived in the morning and been in a big hurry. I think the tooth fairy thought she was leaving $4 because everyone knows when you lose teeth back to back you never get as much as you did the first day.

I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when Griff announced that the tooth fairy had left him $9 because one of the bills was a $5 instead of a $1. I had to investigate more closely and looked over the bills to see if it was true......I had to say "well it's not $9 because you have one $5 and three $1s so what does that equal?" Griff says oh yea it's $8. I had to go and quickly tell Breck about the generosity of the tooth fairy............

Is it legal to reduce tooth fairy money after it has been received? Jared was in disbelief and just could not believe that Griff got so much money from the tooth fairy. Let me just say Breck and I were surprised as well. How does that happen? I'm sure many of you who have children that have had tooth fairy visits have never been so fortunate. I have heard some children have received those special gold $1 coins from the tooth fairy but she has failed to leave any of them for our boys. It is a mystery isn't it how some kids get the special $1 gold coin.....or $0.25.....or$1 bill. I guess the tooth fairy never knows when she might be swinging by your house and maybe you get lucky if you're last on her list and she runs out of change.

Silver lining.......while Jared and Griff are eating breakfast, Griff confesses that actually the $5 bill was really from the day before and he really got four $1 bills for his second tooth. Well of course that made a whole lot more sense. Not sure what prompted Griff to tease us all like that but we had a big laugh about that one.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Walker has eight holes still in his mouth. He is waiting for the holes to be filled with big teeth. They are coming in slowly. I love seeing kid Griff's age with out teeth, it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete