O.K. this photo is from our last Winter storm but hey it is really cold today and it's even chilly in my house. I think I have been cold all day. They say in OK if you don't like the weather just give it 15 minutes! It is true you never know what the weather will be like from one day to the next it seems like.
We have one more day of school and then we are out for Spring Break for a week. I sure hope that it will be Spring weather and not Winter weather for our break. My boys are off playing as I sit here in the living room typing this post. Griff is on the computer and Jared is in the Lego Club with his favorite playmate....his Daddy! Jared loves him som Daddy time and boy does he miss it if it doesn't happen.
Tonight after Griff's voice lesson we ran by some friends' house and the boys played with the kids as I visited with the Momma. The friends asked us to stay for dinner and I was o.k. with it but when I spoke with Breck he said "well I promised Jared some Daddy time tonight and if we do that it will cut into our time". I said well I'll ask Jared and see what he wants to do and Breck said he was o.k. either way. Now these kids are ones Jared loves playing with and we haven't played with them in a long time so I was expecting Jared to say stay but he said "no I really want to play with Dad!" The husband was home by this time and couldn't believe that response.....he said "Wow that must really melt Breck's heart to have that kind of response" And yes it does. The boys love them some Daddy time and Breck loves him some little buddies time!
I'm grateful to my husband with the way he pours himself into the lives of our children. I'm grateful that our boys know the love of their earthly father so the jump to our Heavenly Father is not a jump at all but just a walk. I have heard many times how difficult it is for someone to trust God as their Heavenly Father when their earthly father was so lousy. It is hard to even contemplate the number of children who are not loved and cared for the way ours are.
When we pray with our boys every night we ask God to let us be His hands and His feet to those around us who are in need of His touch. I'm not sure what God has planned for us but we want to be the family He wants us to be. We are praying and learning to trust God more with how he wants to use our lives.
We have one more day of school and then we are out for Spring Break for a week. I sure hope that it will be Spring weather and not Winter weather for our break. My boys are off playing as I sit here in the living room typing this post. Griff is on the computer and Jared is in the Lego Club with his favorite playmate....his Daddy! Jared loves him som Daddy time and boy does he miss it if it doesn't happen.
Tonight after Griff's voice lesson we ran by some friends' house and the boys played with the kids as I visited with the Momma. The friends asked us to stay for dinner and I was o.k. with it but when I spoke with Breck he said "well I promised Jared some Daddy time tonight and if we do that it will cut into our time". I said well I'll ask Jared and see what he wants to do and Breck said he was o.k. either way. Now these kids are ones Jared loves playing with and we haven't played with them in a long time so I was expecting Jared to say stay but he said "no I really want to play with Dad!" The husband was home by this time and couldn't believe that response.....he said "Wow that must really melt Breck's heart to have that kind of response" And yes it does. The boys love them some Daddy time and Breck loves him some little buddies time!
I'm grateful to my husband with the way he pours himself into the lives of our children. I'm grateful that our boys know the love of their earthly father so the jump to our Heavenly Father is not a jump at all but just a walk. I have heard many times how difficult it is for someone to trust God as their Heavenly Father when their earthly father was so lousy. It is hard to even contemplate the number of children who are not loved and cared for the way ours are.
When we pray with our boys every night we ask God to let us be His hands and His feet to those around us who are in need of His touch. I'm not sure what God has planned for us but we want to be the family He wants us to be. We are praying and learning to trust God more with how he wants to use our lives.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment