I will put some more photos of our camping at the end of my post. We go camping in a fifth wheel trailer that has all of the comforts of home, microwave, oven, refrigerator, freezer and my favorite, the bathroom! We even have a queen size bed. We bring a t.v., movies and sometimes even one of our gaming systems but this time we left the x-box and wii home. I know roughing it! :) I admit it I am spoiled but honestly when you hear the raindrops falling on the top of the trailer I think all of the boys are thankful we are not on the ground in a tent.
Camping is really a lot of fun and we love sitting around the campfire and roasting marshmallows to of course go on our smores! Mmmmm.....just thinking about those makes me ready to go again. Speaking of our campfires, one evening my cousin, Susie, and I were sitting around the campfire with a few of our sons and I posed some questions for everyone to answer. We laughed so hard and I realized just how funny and clever my Jared is. I know you're probably wondering what were the questions?......1. If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would it be and what would you ask them? 2. If you were stuck on an island and could only have 3 things what would you take? 3. If they made a movie of your life what actor would play you?
I realize some of these questions are the usual but they made for interesting conversation. My Jared wanted to have dinner with Rosa Parks so he could ask her questions to get the answers for a test since they were studying her.......smart I thought. The first thing he was going to have on his island was a genie....because of course everyone knows you get 3 wishes with a genie! Every time one of his cousins would begin their list Jared would say "dude you've gotta have a genie". When my cousin Susie gave her list for the island..... bible, panties, Mary Kay lipstick...my Jared promptly blurted out "you're gonna die the first week". Oh we laughed so hard and continued to quote him with the "duuuuuude you gotta have a genie" and "you're gonna die". Now the fifth grader said he would want a friend...."you know like a girl" with which Jared interjected with "duuuude your genie could be a girl". We laughed again really hard and of course teased him about the "ladies".
There were a total of 17 of us camping at 3 sites and 4 stayed in the lodge, we also had a family of 3 drive up and join us for breakfast on Saturday. Of course my friend found it humorous that I was cooking pancakes on my electric griddle inside our trailer and calling that camping. I had to confess to her that I really don't like eating outside, although I will eat smores outside anytime. I'm just not crazy about bugs and flies. The weather really was great and there were no flies!
My boys love hiking, exploring, gathering firewood, riding bikes, playing ball, fishing and visiting the nature center. The nature center had a coyote that loved a football and even let the boys pet him. They also got to pet a possum and a corn snake.....yes good times...... The nature center has foxes, a bobcat, a bald eagle, two owls, a beaver, too many snakes and some fish. We visited there a couple of times....and the great thing......it's free! I don't think the boys would ever get tired of going there.
O.K. now for a few pictures:
O.K. all you girls that need your Mary Kay lipstick to survive on an island.....camping can be fun so next time you want to get away from it all, find a campground and get back to nature! I might have forgotten to mention while I was camping I got my hair colored complete with highlights! See ladies I know how to camp!
Thanks for stopping by!

What fun, Jared is so hilarious!!! He is also very smart..take care, so glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteOh I LOVE how you camp! Since we share that we are both mothers of boys, I have come to terms with the idea that I need to learn to be a good camper. Greg's idea of camping includes food out of cans....mind includes shelter, with a potty (and shower) and GOOD food! Like pancakes cooked on an electric griddle! :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteI was made fun of for painting my toe nails at the lake, but you highlights beat that!
ReplyDelete