Saturday, February 28, 2009

Inspiring Quotes

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscious, but shouts in our pain: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world. C.S. Lewis

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say I used everything you gave me. Erma Bombeck

It is not my ability but, my response to God's ability that counts. Corrie Ten Boom

I love reading or listening to people whose hearts are turned to God. I don't know who Elizabeth Stone is but I came across the above quote she is credited with and it struck a chord in me. I have never heard that quote before and I have to say I have found it to be true in my life. Oh how my heart hurts so much deeper it seems when one of my children are hurting. I want to spare them the emotional pain of rejection, disappointment or defeat. Yet I know and understand that in those times of pain growth occurs that deepens our faith and dependence on God.

I also have witnessed how loudly our faith is broadcast to the world in the midst of deep unspeakable pain. I have some precious friends who have allowed their faith to be a "megaphone" of hope. I am in awe of their strength and in their desire to do more for the glory of God.

I love Erma Bombeck's quote and the thought it conj ours up of "using everything" God gave me for His glory while I am here on this earth. I come from a sports family of sorts and we often said leave it all on the court or field, understanding that we were going to give it all we had and not hold anything back. I want to live my life like that "using everything He gave me" and not have anything left over. And always remembering Corrie Ten Boom's quote it is "God's ability that counts". I want to rely on Him and trust Him more.

I'm grateful to the people God has gifted that write or say inspiring words that challenge me to live for His glory.

Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. I only have one comment on my Sussies Post.........

No comments:

Post a Comment