What do you call the place you go to sleep at every night? I usually say home but as I sit here and type this post I'm kind of thinking about it as a retreat. Not a retreat in a get away from household chores but a retreat from what life often throws at you. I love being home with my family probably more than I love being anywhere. Now don't get me wrong I love going places but if I had to give one or the other up it would be going out.
I know after I've had a rough day I just want to be home, sit on the couch and talk to my husband or love on my boys. I still make my boys come and sit in my lap. They are too big for me to pick them up and hold them so I sit now. I love having them in my lap with my arms around them and their arms around my neck. It is a precious time that I hope they never get too big for. I love that book 'I'll Love You Forever' we have read that a thousand times. It makes the boys laugh thinking of me climbing in their window when they are older.
I do feel blessed to have a safe, loving place to call my home. Jared is playing Wii , Griff is on WebKinz, Breck is gone playing guitar at the Women's Prison and me, I'm just chillin. I hope my children will always think of our home as a retreat where they can come and bring their friends to get away from the ick in the world. Our home might not be the cleanest or most organized but I hope it's full of love, acceptance and fun. We love having friends over and Breck likes it most if kids cry because they have to leave. That is his measure if people had a good time at our house. Crazy I know but if a kid tunes up and bawls because his Dad or Mom say "time to go" my sweet little hubby is delighted! We love friends to stay late! There is a kids movie called Monster House......I think we would like ours to be called Midnight House.......we don't want anyone leaving early.
I love a Saturday even if I do have lots of chores to do, at least I get to work at the place I love the most!
Thanks for stopping by............

No comments:
Post a Comment