Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TidBits

It seems like there have been many little things to share but not one big theme so it has taken me a while to put a post together and actually it isn't really all worked out, I just decided to begin. Just to update you on my last post about our friends....the day was amazing for them and God was faithful to supply all that was needed to get them through the day and week.



Well we've had Valentine's Day, first sleep-over party for Jared and rescheduled party for Griff. I guess first I should tell you about Jared....last post on Griff's birthday I told you Jared was sick well the day after Griff's b-day I took Jared to our Pediatrician because he said his throat hurt worse. Our Dr. was concerned that Jared's tonsil would abscess so instead of an oral antibiotic Jared got 3 shots and a wait and see if surgery was going to be needed. I'm pleased to report the shots did the trick and he has made a full recovery. Some of you prayed for him and I'm so thankful for your prayers!

Valentines Day was full, we started with our basketball games, both boys played in the morning. We had to rush home to get Jared ready for his first birthday party sleep over. A boy in his class was having 4 or 5 friends spend the night. This was our first non-friend of the family sleep over. The mom had called me earlier and we had scheduled a time to meet but since Jared got sick that didn't happen. I felt o.k. since there were no older siblings and no alcohol (yes I asked both questions). Crazy maybe but I have a friend that has always told me the statistics are so high for children being molested and I do not want to take any chances. We gave him Breck's cell phone and told him to call us if he got scared, something weird happened or he felt uncomfortable or he just missed us. We didn't want him to feel trapped but to know that we would be there to get him in a flash. Turns out he had a great time and came home Sunday exhausted and even took himself a little nap.

Griffin's Valentines Day was spent with his Aunt, she came and picked him up and they went to the movie Hotel for Dogs. He loved it and his Aunt said the movie was really cute. He helped her make dinner and spent the night at her house. He forgot to take his toothbrush so Penny said she took him to the store the next morning to get him one. I guess he wanted a fancy spin one and Penny told him no they were getting a cheap one. Well my sweet little extortionist replied "Well if you want me to come back and spend the night again you'll buy me one of these" which Penny replied with "We're buying a cheap one" Griff "Well o.k." I'm telling you that boy is something. Remember how I said everyone knows Griff well at the movie Penny said there was some woman that sat in front of them and said "hi Griffin, I saw you sing at church" then Penny took Griff to her church and there was a woman there that said "hi Griffin I taught you how to swim" and of course she couldn't remember my name or Jared's! Go figure...... Now I do want you to know after laughing with my sister over Griff's blackmail attempt (he was not around) he and I did discuss how that was not a nice thing to do or say and hopefully I'll be informed the next time he tries it. I can assure you that will not be the last time that boy tries to pull a fast one.

My boys got me a beautiful pearl necklace from a place here in town where they actually got to pick the oysters and dig the pearls out! Very cool and really pretty. I also got flowers and a sweet card. Saturday afternoon I spent time with one of my girls from Friday night and we had a great time together......she is a precious child who has a great future ahead of her and I pray that she will believe that and put her life in God's hands. Saturday night we went over to some friends house for a special meal of sushi.....Breck loved it and I had a great time! It was a lot of fun to just hang with friends and not fight any crowds or have to wait at a restaurant.

Another tidbit of information; Jared asked Griffin if he knew what a french kiss was? Griffin said no so Jared proceeded with his information and said "It is when someone sticks there tongue in your mouth" I immediately asked Jared how he knew that information and some boy at school told him but he couldn't remember exactly who it was. I again said and "how does he know?" Jared said "He has a cousin or someone like that who has been to France and that's how they kiss over there." Guess that time for Breck to begin educating Jared is coming quicker than I would like to believe but we don't want him hearing "junk" from kids and not knowing the truth from a biblical perspective. A friend gave me a book on how to protect the moral innocence of children when talking with them about their bodies and .............Oh how I wish they could just stay little forever!

Brandon and Evan came over Sunday night to play with the boys and do a little post celebrating of Griff's birthday. It was a great time and I got to visit with their Mom. We actually all worked together and got the house in great shape at least the main areas. I'm going to really work at keeping it up. One friend has a chore chart and says it has been very helpful. She even offered to make me one. I think that just might come in handy and help my boys to remember their responsibilities. The marble jar might just fill up a little quicker as well as not let me forget about it. I know I need to model for them a servant's heart and attitude as I strive to keep things organized and clean at my house. I have been so inconsistent their whole lives and I'm afraid I have not been a very good example to them. I'm sure their future wives will not be very fond of me if I don't do a better job of holding them accountable as well as myself to be good stewards of all that God has given us! Wow is it ever tough sometimes to follow Christ's example in all things and all areas of your life. I have got to do a better job of yielding to the Holy Spirit and waiting on God to speak instead of leading myself. I got miffed at my wonderful hubby for not doing some tasks that I thought he should have done.......sometimes with expectations come disappointment..........often times my expectations of my family are greater than for my friends. I do want to model showing my family the same grace if not more than I would my friends. I have a long way to go and I do desire to be a "woman after God's own heart"

So you got a peek into what's been happening with us, a little confession and a vow to do better!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: