(Sidebar) I find that those I grew up with in Ardmore are some of the most precious friends of mine and when some event happens to one of us it happens to all of us. We call all the troops and rally around to take care of whatever needs to be handled. Some folks think it is unusual but every year there are about 10 of us that gather at Joni's house in Texas for a weekend. We laugh, cry, share old stories, share stories about our kids, give advice and then we laugh some more. We laugh a lot and hard.....the kind where you're stomach hurts and your crying! I love those girls.
The tragic call was from a Ardmore friend whose niece died unexpectedly. So from that one call several other calls have to be made to make all of our friends aware. Then more calls have to be made to shuffle scheduled responsibilities to get our schedules clear so we can travel to the memorial service. Let me just give a shout out to an amazing gal, Susan C. I go to church with her and I needed a favor so I called her and she said "don't even worry about it, it is covered" I love her and am grateful to her. The really cool thing is Susan agreed to take care of Marla's responsibility, who she doesn't know. Can you follow that? I asked her to cover for someone she doesn't even know and she said YES! It's in caps because there was no hesitancy...none whatsoever. That my friends is the Body of Christ at its finest. There is a need voiced and someone just steps in to answer.
That one single act of kindness by Susan was the difference in Marla being able to go with me to Ardmore. Thanks again Susan.....I am available for you anytime! In the midst of tragedy it is so encouraging and comforting when friends step in to just do whatever needs to be done.
The second call is all about God being at work and leading us to trust HIM more. We are uncertain what all God might want to do in our family right now but we don't want to miss out so we are seeking HIM and trusting HIM. I don't mean to be vague but details are just not available right now. Believe me when and if there is something to tell I will devote a whole post! Right now if God brings us to mind you can just be praying that God's best will prevail.
I kind of feel like those two phone calls just made the week zoom by. Tomorrow is Easter and am I ready? No...Do I have 17 people for Easter Lunch? YES....Is my house clean? NO....Has the lunch menu and food been finalized? NO......Do the boys have anything to wear? HUH?......Easter baskets? NO......So all that to say, I have got to get moving!
Easter Post Tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by!

I will be praying for your friend and your news! God is good!
ReplyDeleteHey there! I hope things are okay with you. I will be praying for you and your family and friends.
ReplyDeleteI love you, I love you, I love you! I think about you daily and pray for you and this situation more than you'll ever know! Thank you for being you and for being the body of Christ as well. I praise God for ever bringing you into my life at the age of what? 9? How old was I went we met? Love you Julie!
ReplyDelete