Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday


Nicodemus(Breck) with Jesus as the truth is revealed and Nicodemus believes!

WOW! Today at church was our Palm Sunday Drama and Breck as well as Jared and Griff all had a role to play in the play. Breck was Nicodemus......a member of the Sanhedrin......Jared and Griff along with another little boy were kids that saw Jesus heal their friend Sarah. They all three did so good.

Jared and Griff each had one line of dialogue and Breck had quite a few more than that, not exactly sure just how many but he did a great job of memorizing. I was so proud of all of them. They did exactly what they were supposed to do and just made the drama such a time of worship and remembering the sacrifice that Jesus made for us on the cross. The man that played Caiaphas, High Priest, did an outstanding job in spite of facing open heart surgery tomorrow morning. Isn't that amazing? I mean really.....the Dr. wanted him to have his surgery last week but he said no he needed to put it off a week because he was in the Drama so it would have to wait until the Monday after Palm Sunday! Yep you read that right.......isn't that something? That just made the Drama that much richer for me. Oh and the man that played Jesus.......was outstanding, and probably never in a million years did he ever think that he would get that role. You could see the emotions in his face and see at times how overcome he was. Really all of the people just did great.


You know you can't have a drama without music that moves your soul and I was not disappointed. Two of my dearest friends had solo parts and they were amazing. It is hard to write and give you a clear picture of what took place this morning without you being able to hear the sounds and see the faces of the actors. One of the most moving scenes was when a father carried his little girl in to see Jesus......her body was lifeless as the Dad handed her over to Jesus....HE then held her up to heaven and prayed for her ......she just came alive in HIS arms. It was all soooooooo good!

I have been searchin YouTube to try and find a video to go with my post but it is so hard to find exactly what I'm looking for......Remember Me by Mark Schulz is one of the songs but I can't find a good video that is of good quality without the gruesome portrayal. I know it is real and ugly of what was done to my Savior, it is just too much to watch.
I pray as I enter this Holy Week I will reflect on the sacrifice of Christ as I seek Him and desire to be more like Him!

Jared, Griffin and Daniel as they run in to tell Caiaiphus the news of their friend's healing.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment