Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Present and Past

2009

Wow life can sure get busy and make it hard to keep up with posting and stalking others blogs too, but the boys are in bed and my hubby is at training so I've got some time to catch you up on our Easter celebrations!

Our Easter weekend was full starting with the Good Friday service at CR with communion. Saturday was special because we got to help some friends celebrate their 25th Wedding Anniversary which was a surprise and my parents came to spend the night. Sunday after church we had 17 at the house for lunch and the annual egg hunt.

The Easter bunny always fills the Easter baskets left out on the hearth and we fill the plastic eggs with candy and then hide them. As the boys have gotten older, money has found its way into the eggs. My cousin Susie implemented a prized "black egg" a couple of years ago and this year added a "white egg" too. I can't believe it but I forgot to ask how much money was in those eggs. Anyway her youngest Benjamin found the white egg and Jared found the black egg.

Yes it was a rainy day but we managed to get the eggs hidden in just a little drizzle and when they were hunting them it wasn't raining at all. We had a little one hunting this year with the big boys so we just set some eggs out on the driveway so he could just pick them up, but Wyatt didn't see what all the hype was about and was content to bat the eggs and watch them roll. They all had a great time.

We were missing my brother's family, they had some of his baseball players coming over since they didn't have anywhere else to go. We missed them and I think this is the first Easter they were not with us. I thought it would be fun to post some pictures from our past Easters to compare and I'm hoping I can find them. I love looking back and remembering..... 2004

2005

2006

2007

2008

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing and glad you got time to just sit and read!

    Missing you!

    ReplyDelete