Here they are before the start of the 8 miles!
O.K. this was really cool and I hope we all will be able to ride next year in the Townie Ride. Breck said it really was a great ride and the only thing that was crazy were the kids cutting you off because they had the riders bunched up a couple of times because some of the intersections were not blocked off.
Griffin and I brought our own shade by way of a big umbrella and parked our bottoms in the grass along the street to watch the racers. The bikers would come screaming down the hill I think it was Galveston.....whip around the corner onto Riverside. It was amazing! We did see one guy lay his bike down and two others go over the top of him and into the crowd. I would have been laying on my brakes going down that hill but these racers were going all out. I guess there was some money on the line.
These bike racers are from all over the world and apparently are the best of the best and some of these folks are ones that would race the Tour de France. The announcers were talking about what a great race the Tulsa Tough was. I think there are also local racers that ride in some races as well because Breck has a friend that rode in some of the races over the weekend.
What a great day and how awesome it was to come home with a brand new bike that Jared fulfilled all of the requirements for! Way to go Jared what a great accomplishment!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:
Post a Comment