Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trust


What does trust really mean? Webster's says it; assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something, one in which confidence is placed. So what does that mean to me? Well I think God has been calling me to trust Him more and to trust Him with everything! I have been a Christian for most of my life and trusted God with my salvation and where I'm going to spend eternity but probably little else. I do know I trusted God with His selection of a husband for me and I got exceedingly abundantly more than I asked for and I also know we trusted God with adding to our family when we got Griff.....yes that too I got exceedingly abundantly more than I asked for!


So here I find myself in situations that God is saying "Trust Me" and you know He has proven trustworthy over and over again in my life so I am choosing to trust Him with it all. Now I can't say I'm perfect at it and I do it every time and all the time but I am learning it is so much better to trust God than to try and figure it all out on my own.


Breck and I believe God is asking us to trust Him and to open up our hearts and home. The path we're on is exciting and a little scary but we are trusting God with every aspect of our journey. Jared and Griffin are a part of what God is calling us to and it is exciting to see their faith and trust in God grow too. We are following God in obedience as we pursue the path He has put us on.


It is difficult to know how much to share on a blog when there are so many uncertainties right now. I would ask that if God brings us to mind that you would ask Him for His best for all of the parties involved. At the right time I will unfold all of the amazing aspects of our journey, but until then please say a prayer for us now and then!


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you today for peace that surpasses all understanding and that God will lead you to where He wants you to be...You are amazing Julie and I know that you will do what He wants you do in every situation. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously think it has become your goal to make me cry on a daily basis....yes, I am a crier....but you are stuck with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear where this journey leads and am continuing to pray for you guys!! I absolutely adore you and your family. Thank you for pouring your love into Hannah. We'd love to get to know you guys better...we're working on moving out toward Jenks and maybe some time when we're in our new place we can have you all over :)

    ReplyDelete