You all have Becki to thank for this one, I think I forgot I ever started a blog but she stumbled on it and posted a comment and asked for more! :)
I didn't take the time to look and see the last time I posted but I know it's been awhile. They say "life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" We have been experiencing life. I think it has taken me a little while to get my feet under me from having 4 children. I also think the last time I posted I didn't have my church job so alot has been going on.
Let's just talk about today shall we, then we'll see if this blog post is a flash in the pan or if I might be updating more regularly.
Today I did a garage sale with one of my sweet friends from church and let's just say she is a professional. I on the other hand am not but I was up at 6:00 a.m. to get to her house and help get everything set up. You know they say one man's trash is another man's treasure, well it is certainly true. Let me just tell you I did not have a lot of quality stuff. Some might have even called it junk.....however in a matter of 5 hours I made $105.25. Those purchases were not made by selling big ticket items , no sirrreee that came from 3 for 0.25 items or 0.25 items possibly there might have been a few $1.00 or $2.oo items. A lot of treasures were moved. Now if you were to come into my house and go upstairs to my children's playroom you would not believe that anything had been taken out but they did indeed part with a few items.
My sweet friend can't have just one weekend of garage selling so it is on again for next weekend! Ugh! Really? I'm not sure I can do it again. It was hot today and in a garage there wasn't a whole lot of air moving but we managed to keep smiling and making sure every customer went away satisfied with their treasures!
After the garage sale I had to get out to the football field and see Jared play. Did I mention it was hot today? OMG! I'm sitting here now and still sweating. He played great and his team finally won their first game so their record is 1 and 2! He was awarded the Defensive Player of the Game! Now his sisters should have been awarded the best water gals! They worked their tails off running to fill up water bottles, running bottles out to the team and spraying them down with a sprayer! Did I mention how hot it was? They just did an awesome job so I have no doubt the reason for the win was the team was well hydrated due to the Ryker Girls. Some of you might be asking what about Griff? Well let's just say he got a little distracted with bugs and cheerleaders!
What a great win for the team today. Now I've got 3 showering so we can go eat and catch a movie while Breck and Jared are racing to OSU for a football game. My niece will be announced at half-time at the game because she made Top Ten Freshman at OSU! Quite an honor, and I do have to say she is outstanding!
O.K. I've got to hit the shower and get my other 3 moving! Thanks for stopping by and I'll try to do a better job of catching everyone up!

No comments:
Post a Comment