Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Description Change

Well unofficially but officially we are now a family with four children. March 9th we got an email from a precious friend saying there were two kids aged 7 and 10 needing a family...she just asked would we be interested in learning more but no pressure. We said sure we would like to hear more but had no idea where we would end up. Here we are less than four months later and the "two kids" are ours, well in God's eyes we still have to wait for the courts, and we love them!

We have no doubts that this was God's plan from the beginning. I'm not sure how I will unveil the details or what details to reveal on a blog so if you have questions feel free to leave a comment and a way for me to email or call you.

Some of you know that we already have two boys ages 8 and 9, we were content with our family of four. When we had moved into our house in 2004, Breck did spout off something like "we need to fill this house with a bunch of kids". I did not share his desire, we had just adopted Griff in December 2003 and I was just not that interested in doing all that needed to be done to adopt. You see our home has five bedrooms and we were only using two since the boys share a room and Breck and I share. Now Jared's ideal family was for us to have five kids....he wanted an older sibling, another between he and Griff then a younger sibling so Griff wouldn't have to be the youngest. We of course talked Jared out of that one and convinced him that he would always be the oldest.

You know how you're told never to say "never" because you just can't be sure? Well it appears God had different plans than we did. We believe God put that desire for an older sibling in Jared. Remember I told you March 9th was when we found out about the girls well March 18th Jared told me that he didn't believe God was asking us to add anymore boys to our family. We had not told the boys about the girls but had just asked them to be praying if God would want to add to our family. The boys did not know we had been presented with an opportunity at that time so Jared saying that God was not asking us to add anymore boys was like "wow"! Jared has always had that faith where he just believes that God answers prayers and can be counted on to handle any problems. God has been so faithful to answer his prayers that seem to just strengthen his faith. There have been many times I'm ready to tell Jared "now God just doesn't work like that" but I haven't because God shows up. So is it that I don't believe God is going to show up and Jared does? The bible does talk about having the faith of a child...


This journey has had many twists and turns with lots of thrills. God continues to show up. We are excited and thrilled that God chose us for these two precious girls. I will devote more posts as to our process and the cool ways God has confirmed this in our hearts.
Alex age 10, Jared age 9, Griffin age 8 and Tori age 7!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cool and wonderful story of the miracles that God works out! Thank you for letting us watch you walk through this in faith and in that strengthen our own and be more obedient in our lives. Your family is INCREDIBLE...all 6 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Rykers!!! I've been dying to read this post. The family pic of the kiddos is lovely!
    I can't wait to meet the girls and get to know your boys better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always that you needed a girl or two! Amazing story...we will continue to pray for the "growing" Ryker family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. Tony and I can't wait to meet the girls!

    ReplyDelete