I just can't believe how God just continues to blow me away. On Sunday we were asked to reflect on our life with God and our relationship with Jesus and what He had done for us. We were taking communion, something we don't do weekly at our church but a few times a year. As I sat there and just thought about how God has shown up for me in so many ways recently I began to grieve what I must have missed out on, because I know He hasn't changed.
Trusting God with it all now is the most thrilling and exciting way to live. Everyday I feel like I have a front row seat of watching God at work on our family's behalf. I think before I would have to say I was in the balcony on the last row so I couldn't see very clearly and too busy trying to make sure I had everything under control......not relying on God but relying on myself. What a waste.
So here I am on Tuesday of this week starting the 5:30 a.m. BootCamp in the park or so I thought, turned out it started Thursday....oh well....had an appointed time with a gal who feels that God may be calling her family to open their hearts and home to adoption. I was able to share with her about our story and how I know God just wants me to trust Him with it all and I don't have all the answers. I told her about peoples questions of how do you afford this or that and feeling confident in saying I don't know but we're just trusting God and know that He will not disappoint. One of her last comments to me was it makes you just want to say "What are you going to do today God?" Of course I agreed, indeed it does!
Now that in itself is cool and we could say good job God but He didn't stop there. I'm in the car listening to the radio and the D.J. announces ......to the 4th caller she's going to give 4 tickets to the Big Event happening at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. My cell phone is laying there so I figure why not...I dial the number....it's ringing so I figure I dialed the wrong number but then Heather answers "This is Heather with KXOJ who am I talking with?" I give her my name and her reply "Your the 4th caller" Are you kidding me? Shut up! No I am not! My response is just "Oh my gosh" I know not the best response I really wish I would have said "shut up" but I've never been a real quick thinker. Yes God gave us 4 tickets to the TASM Defender Fly In. Crazy I know.
Girls are enrolled in school so I went to their schools yesterday to try and get an appointment with the principals or counselors before they get placed in a class to give some background. I wasn't successful at really talking with anyone but was able to leave a note and get a phone number. Well guess who was at the official start of BootCamp this morning at 5:30 a.m.? Yes indeed the counselor at the elementary I need to talk to. I mean really......I of course go up put my arm around her and tell her I need to talk to you and she said I heard that so I'll call you on your cell a little later today once I get in. I then ask her if she knows anyone at Intermediate and tells me to talk to the Principal and she'll make a call. Wowzer! I am blown away!
I know incredible right? Well that's not all He did at BootCamp this morning....nope....one of the instructors is a gal who is adopted and she tells me a little of her story. (I know her mother) She says that kids are resilient and they know love. She said that she and her sister were always made to feel special and knew they were loved, adopted was not a bad word. She loves that she is adopted and doesn't have any feeling of lacking anything by not knowing much about her natural mother. I was so encouraged by her saying love makes up for a multitude of things. Wowzeee! God is just amazing!
I don't want to take any of this for granted but want to continue being in awe of God at work in our lives! He amazes me everyday and continues to strengthen my trust in Him. He is soooo trustworthy and He does not want us trying to navigate this life without Him. I admit it is scary at first when you step out in obedience but this has got to be the most thrilling. It is just so cool knowing that God is in control and I know that doesn't mean it will all be rosy and perfect. If you never get out of the boat you are going to miss seeing God at work. It is awesome!
Thanks for stopping by!
Sun Opposite Neptune
2 years ago

I can't tell you how right on you are! When you stop trying to control it all and just let Him work out the details...it's incredible.
ReplyDeleteIt's so cool to watch your story unfold Julie and watch God work in such ways that we could never take credit for it. You have no idea how many families and couples are considering adoption more than they ever have simply because of your journey. It's one thing to adopt, but it's completely different when you let God take control of the situation and then give Him glory for ALL of this blessings.
The love of Jesus shines through your family and I am blessed to know each of you!
I just love reading your blog so keep posting and letting us all see your joyful journey....
ReplyDeleteHey, whatever happened to this blogging thing? Remember this?
ReplyDeleteHey, whatever happened to this blogging thing? It's been over a month now.
ReplyDelete